Let's Just Go Fishing
Call Enid and Hugh at (807) 727-0321 Box 320, Red Lake, Ontario, Canada, P0V 2M0
- Fly by floatplane from Red Lake with Viking Outpost Air.
- Groups of 2 to 24 people are welcome.
- A group of 14 can rent the entire camp.
- There are 4 modern cabins and 2 rustic cabins.
- Linens, blankets, pillows, and towels are provided.
- The Log lodge (36’ x 42’) is available for group get togethers.
- Each cabin has a complete kitchen with a propane barbecue.
- Stock items like salt, sugar, peanut butter and such are provided.
- You can bring your own meat, dairy and produce or send us a grocery order and your fresh food will be waiting at our base to fly out with you.
- A fish cleaning building is available for you to fillet your fish.
- Fishing licences, pop and beer are sold on site.
- Live bait and extra supplies can be flown in twice a week.
- The Lodge has Internet and phone.
- A Solar System provides 120 AC power without a noisy 24 hour generator.
- Camp staff are on site for fishing advice and maintenance.
Here you will find Viking Island, a small lodge dedicated to fishing. It takes a short flight by float plane to reach Douglas Lake from Red Lake. Now you are in Woodland Caribou Wilderness Park. This is beautiful remote country, renowned for walleye, northern and lake trout fishing as well as wildlife viewing. The lakes are deep, but not huge, and closely connected with plenty of bays. The perfect setting for a relaxed fishing trip. The atmosphere on the island comes from another time. We have a maximum of 24 guests in camp per week and many have been visiting us for many years.
To find out about the island, go to